|Muldrfs LM Tools Suite (2b) - File Description
| Quality: 10 |
Size vs. Usefulness: 9
Overall Rating: 9.5
Muldrf returns with an update to the LM tools suite, as the description says below, there are several new functions, bug fixes and installer features. Having used this I can say for sure that its worth the download, makes life so much easier, especially when it comes to installing other mods, saves you sifting through windows explorer if like me, you have several (5 in my case) versions of legacy.
Great to see muldrf and submissions from CJG here again.
This updated package of my mod tools includes everything from past releases:
Mission Scripting Functions, Ship Testing modes (2on2 Testing), Destruction Chunk tools, Mapdatabase and MapEditor functions, Readme Library/creator which I seldom use, Odf Mass Updater, and various Odf Data Lookup tools.
It features an updated ModInstaller Packager tool. That includes bug fixes as well as some new features. Such as the ability to install ships to more than one race during installation. It also can now enter a map editor menu entry.
The updated LMTools (utility) now has a Hardpoint/Joint Tree utility built in it and the package now includes a custom milkshape exporter for use specfically with the joint tool to grab the mesh group names. This utility isn't finished but it's fully functional. The final version will feature joint data importing as well as a slightly more user proof interface.
| || || |
|Muldrfs LM Tools Suite (2b) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Muldrfs LM Tools Suite (2b) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Muldrfs LM Tools Suite (2b) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Muldrf's Legacy Mod Tool Suite (Beta 2b)
This package includes the following Legacy Modding Utilites:
The LegacyMissionEditor by Bethsoft updated by Muldrf
LMTools or the "Legacy Modding Tools" by Muldrf
Legacy Mod Install Packager by Muldrf
UUTools by Muldrf
Changes from Previous Release Version (Beta 1b):
a. UUTools. 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 I have fixed a small bug in the "Remove" install path function.
b. LMTools. 0.9.2.3 to 0.9.3.2 There have been a number of small alterations. The only big change is addition of the Joint/Hardpoint Tree Creation tool. This tool is currently incomplete (but it is functional).
c. ModInstaller. 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 There are a number of alterations to the Modinstaller including new features as well as bug fixes.
1. Added ability to enter multiline sprite entries for files such as tex_anim.spr. This isn't a strait forward feature as it's very unlikely to be needed I didn't make a unique interface. To use this function set the "Reference" field on the Sprite Settings tab to "tex_anim.spr" then enter your "Sprite data" into the Sprite field including the returns OR where a "return/new line" should happen enter a semicolon ";" instead. Also be sure to enter a Description. Those are the only 3 entries used by this function. Also this function can be used to update any sprite with multiline entries, but use it carefully it's easy to go wrong.
2. Added The ability to install ships included in a pack to different races instead of all to the same race. There are 3 new choices, "Default" which will put the ships in their suggested Default Race, "Alternate" which will put each ship in it's suggested Alternate Race, and "Let Me Pick" which will ask you to pick the race of each individual ship as it's installed with a dialog box.
3. Added a feature to enter a Map Editor menu entry during installation.
4. Redid the "Other Features" Enable function for Stock Legacy for the "Free Camera" and "Save" buttons on the Ingame Options Menu.
d. The pack now also includes: Muldrf's Joint Tool Exporter Plugin for Milkshape. This plugin is in the MilkshapePlugin folder and is called msMJTExporter.dll it must be copied to your Milkshape 3d directory for use.
The Joint Tool Exporter is used to allow exporting of mesh group names from Milkshape to be imported into the LMTool's new Joint/Hardpoint tool interface for speeding the creation of hardpoint trees for ship porting. It's an early Beta and will be updated as features are added to the LMTools Joint/Hardpoint Tree interface.
a) The LegacyMissionEditor is included for it's auxillary files which the LMTools require for Mission Compiling. It's complete and all there, but I recommend using the LMTools for Mission Creation.
b) The LMTools are a tool set I developed over the years while working on the Ultimate Universe Mod. Initially they weren't much, but over time I have done quite a bit of additions that should make them useful for about anyone working on Legacy, from Odf work to Mission Creation to Ship testing and Balance work. The LMTools include:
1. Mission Building and Compiling. It's a more disconnected process for a better workflow in the "real world".
2. Map database and Xml Singleplayer Menu and Label Map creation. These features take more setup, because you must create a map database manually for them to work properly. UU2.0 comes with the complete map database setup for it.
3. Various ODF Data Lookup editing and and Mass Odf Update functions are built into the UUTools as well.
4. Chunk duplication tool. This tool can quickly and easily duplicate existing ship/station chunks to new ships, it also allows easy alteration of ship textures so they look more approprate to the ship that's going up.
5. Readme Creator/Editor. This tool lets you make readmes in either .rtf or .txt formats using existing files as templates or making a blank new file.
6. 2on2 Testing. This mode allows launching specially setup maps directly for easy ship and station testing. There are 6 default maps. Each of the maps has some special function.
a. flighttest.sol is as it says a Flight Test or maybe it should be "fight" test. It's the "regular" 2on2 Fight Testing mode. You pick up to 2 ships per side (or stations or other map objects).
b. phasetest.sol is a mode where there are only 2 ships one per side. The Enemy ship is sitting infront of you disabled. For Endurance Testing of ships specs and Weapon strength without the enemy taking off. How quick do you take out a Galaxy that isn't fighting back?
c. meshtest.sol is a 1on1 where BOTH ships get a small photon hit by way of scripting at the beginning. This is for testing the Damage Mesh of a ship/ships to verify if they are staying inside the main hull properly. The enemy is disabled in this mode just like in phasetest mode.
d. meshtesta.sol is the same as meshtest.sol except the enemy is NOT disabled.
e. nodetest.sol is a 1on1 where the Enemy ship's systems are all destroyed. This instantly plays any "System Destruction" effects as well as breaks of the associated "Breaknodes" such as Nacelles if the model is so equipped. This leaves the enemy ship's hull exposed similar to phasetest but with the lack of shields.
f. dnodetest.sol is almost the same as nodetest, the only difference is the addition of having the Damage Mesh active like meshtest. This is for making sure your breaknodes fall away and that the underlying damage mesh looks as expected.
c) The Mod Install Package creator for packing up Legacy Mods into easy on click Self Installers.
1. Allows easy packaging of Singleplayer Missions because they are generally difficult to install due to usually requiring manual editing of existing files to make them accessable.
2. Setup for Ships with Custom Sprites and/or Sound Effects as well as allowing the person installing the ship the ability to assign the ships to their desired race (good for Chungi's New Races Mod or TC mods with additional races).
3. With 184.108.40.206 you can package more Basic mods. Such as Deathmatch Maps or UI or Menu mods, bascially anything can be packaged now, it doesn't have to be a Singeplayer Mission or Ship Mod.
4. With 220.127.116.11 you can now install ships to multipule races rather than all to one race. You can also make a Map Editor Menu entry. There are various bug fixes. Also a more advanced Sprite entry but that's kind of touchy and "Very" special use, I only coded it in because I had to have it for the XI Pack Mod I created.
d) The UU Tools is a utility designed primarily for use with the Ultimate Universe mod. It has some features that will work with other versions of Legacy including windowed launch mode support. It requires Ultimate Universe 2.0 to enable the bulk of it's features though.
See the Individual Readmes for more Details on these individual tools:
ReadmesMuldrfs Modified LegacyMissionEditor.txt
ReadmesMuldrfs Legacy Mod Tools LMTools.txt
ReadmesMuldrfs UUTools Readme.txt
Extract the .zip to a folder and copy the files into your Star Trek Legacy folder. Or Extract directly to your Star Trek Legacy root folder.
Create Shortcuts on your desktop for the LMTools.exe and any other of the included exe files you would like to use "modinstaller.exe", "uutools.exe" etc.
The optional plugin for the LMTools Joint/Hardpoint tree functions is located in the MilkshapePlugin folder and is called msMJTExporter.dll it must be copied to your Milkshape 3d directory for use. After it's in the proper folder you will then see the Joint Tool Exporter listed on your Milkshape Export menu.
Optionally rename the LegacyMTB.bmp to Legacy.bmp it's just a Legacy Splash with Muldrf's Testbed on it if you want something a little different.
Permissions / Notices:
This tool set and these files are not supported by Maddoc or Bethesda Softworks and they are not responsible for any damages to your game directory. As with all modtools you are using them at your own risk. The end user of the package accepts responsibility for usage of the tools. See the Individual Readmes for more details.
By installing this package you (the user) agree to and assume all risks of said addon. As a result, I take
no responsibility for any damages that may occur to your game, mod or hardware.
Star Trek and related marks are trademarks of Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
Credits / Contact:
If problems are found you can contact me and I'll see what I can do to help.
markenobrookstone AT hotmail DOT com
I also follow the Filefront forums for Legacy.
|Muldrfs LM Tools Suite (2b) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. STLegacyFiles is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 4 | Last comment: 05-26-2011 at 14:01
Joined: August 16th, 2007
|Became an essential tool in my modding over the past year or so. Thanks very much for such a handy mod. |
Joined: November 3rd, 2008
|Thanks Acid. It's good to hear someone else is actually making use of it |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!